Goulais River, ON POS 1EO
(705) 649-3421 or call Toll Free (Canada & US): 1-866-STOKELY (1-866-786-5359)
Trail Length: 130 km
Groomed Classic? Yes
Groomed Skating? Yes
Trail fee? Yes
Ski rentals? Yes: Skate & Classic
Trail Map: Yes
Trail Conditions: Yes
Getting there: We are 21 miles north of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario along the well-maintained Trans Canada Highway (Hwy. 17 North). From Michigan, that's just over the border (and through customs) from I-75.
Directions to get there: Yes
2020-2021 SEASON: STOKELY CREEK IS CLOSED BECAUSE OF THE LOSS OF BUSINESS CAUSED BY THE BORDER CLOSURE FROM THE US TO CANADA. THEY PLAN TO REOPEN FOR THE 2021-2022 SEASAON.
Stokely is located in the Algoma Highlands, just north of the U.S. border in Goulais River, Canada. Near the shores of Lake Superior, Stokely consistently has great snow conditions and perfect terrain for cross country skiing and snowshoeing. 130 kilometers of trails traverse to the highest peaks of King Mountain and cross the valley and creeks below. Trails are groomed for skating and classic striding, with many more occasionally groomed but well-marked kilometers for those who want to enjoy free-heeling across country.
Getting to Stokely
From Mackinaw Bridge to Stokely:
1. First map quest your way to the Mackinaw Bridge.
2. After the bridge continue on 75N to Sault Ste Marie, Canada.
3. After going through customs (remember your passport) turn right on Huron Street and very soon turn right at the first set of lights onto Queen Street
4. Turn right onto Carmen's Way
5. Carmen's Way will end then turn right onto Second Line East.
6. Turn left onto Great Northern Rd. Continue on Great Northern Rd (Hwy 17 N) for about 20 minutes until you pass a barn with a big sign that reads "Joseph's Homestead".
7. Make the next right turn onto Old Hwy 17 N. You will also see a Highway sign that says "Stokely Creek Lodge 3" just before the turn. *After 2 kms bear right at the fork in the road onto Pickard Rd. On the right in a half a mile or 1km you will come to a big STOKELY CREEK sign and parking lot at 194 Pickard Rd.
Phone number and arrival information:
Call 866-stokely (786-5359) from the Sault Ste Marie Canada so we will know when you are arriving and we will meet you in the parking lot. We will transport your luggage to the lodge by snowmobile. You can ski, walk or hop on the snowmobile with the luggage transporter.