As Founders Day is approaching this Sunday we wanted to provide everyone with an update on our Forbush Corner Nordic (FCN) $200,000 Capital Campaign launched last year around this time.
Money raised to date $97,650 (49% of the way there !!!)
Contributions used to date:
- $35,000 to help pay off the original $150,000 Pisten Bully PB100 groomer loan with The Kassbohrer Company financed at a 9.00% interest rate. New financing secured for the remaining balance of $85,000 at a 4.50% interest rate (savings of $15,000 in interest).
- $3,456 for Capital Campaign donor plaques, posts, mugs, and other promotional material.
- $59,194 remaining balance.
- $67,000 for the 80 acre parcel due at closing. $59,000 of Capital Campaign funds and $8,000 in FCN 2021/22 ski season revenues will be used to make this initial payment.
- Remaining $67,000 balance for the land purchase to be paid in two $33,500 payments due on Jan. 1 2024 and Jan1, 2025.
- FCN 2021/22 ski season revenues were also just used to purchase a $50,000 2020 Kubota KX040-4 mini excavator to help us with improvements to the existing trail system and also with trail building on the new 80 acre parcel.
Please consider a tax deductible online donation to FCN (see bottom left corner of the page) or you can mail checks / donations to "Forbush Corner Nordic, PO Box 118, Gaylord, MI 49734". Additional contributions to the Capital Campaign along with FCN revenues will be used to complete the groomer and land purchase payment.