Video of Simi Hamilton and Liz Stephen side by side in a speed and power workout. The kicker? He skates, she classics.
What do I like about this video?
- Notice how far apart Simi's feet are when V1'ing up a steep hill. And the tempo! His ski comes down on edge and he applies power instantly,
- Liz, diagonal striding, pretty much keeps up with Simi, skating, on the steep uphills.
- Look at the tempo of Liz's double pole!
- Both have a high hand position at the start of their doublepole: lower arm and upper arm at a 90 degree angle; upper arm and shoulder at a 90 degree angle.
- Notice where the doublepole motion stops: the hands don't fall behind the body, but stop at stop past the hips.
- Notice the forward lean from the ankles.
A really nice video...
Video by Pete Vordenberg.