Skip navigation

Race to replace cancelled Highlands race?

Mon, Feb  28, 2011 - By Curt Peterson

As everyone knows the Boyne Highlands race has been canceled for Saturday, March 5, and we were in contact with both John Goble and John Day at the Highlands. We are trying to see if it is possible to host a race at Timber Ridge/Vasa Trail.

Gordon at Timber Ridge has graciously allowed us to host a race there on Saturday.  The VASA club would be the host club.  Todd is checking on some key issues such as a DNR permit and cost to hold the race on the Vasa Trail.  Justin Andrea has loaned us timing equipment (thanks).

If this event is a go we need to be done by 1pm as Timber Ridge is hosting the 5th annual Suds and Snow.  I am guessing that many of our skiers may want to stick around for this event.