Come join me & 3 Detroit SOLAR Club members on a Yellowstone Expedition. We will be there 8 days & 7 nights, Sunday 1/23 through Sunday 1/30. They have Sun-Thurs & Thurs-Sun trips, too, and there is space still for 6 more guests during our week. Come experience all 4 hydrothermal features in winter: geysers, hot springs, mudpots & fumaroles. Enjoy guided ski trips with a 1:4 ratio for all skiing abilities, views of wildlife, sunsets, sunrises, and starlit nights. This will be a once-in-a-lifetime adventure!
For more info on the Yurt Camp, http://www.yellowstoneexpeditions.com/ or (406) 646-9333.
Here's my tentative itinerary:
- Flight through Chicago & Denver to Bozeman
- Karst Stage Airport Shuttle to West Yellowstone
- Kelly Inn overnight
- IMAX: “Yellowstone, the Movie”
- Possible morning in West Yellowstone, then
- Snowcoach to Old Faithful Snow Lodge, 2 nights in Western Cabin
- Snowcoach shuttle to Fairy Falls
- 3-hr ski back past Midway Geyser Basin’s Grand Prismatic Spring & Biscuit Basin, Upper Geyser Basin, Morning Glory Pool & Geyser Hill, easy 11 miles
- Ski out & back on moderate 9-mile trail to Kepler Cascades, following a groomed service road along the Firehole River to Lone Star Geyser, which erupts every 3 hours, approx 3.5 hour trip
- Yellowstone Expeditions’ snowcoach to Canyon Skiers Yurt Camp for 7 nights
Mon 1/24, Tues 1/25, Wed 1/26, Thurs 1/27, Fri 1/28, Sat 1/29
- Guided backcountry skis to North & South Rims of Yellowstone River, Dunraven Pass, Hayden Valley, Yellowstone Lake & much more by snowcoach.
- Soak in hot springs, view wildlife, sunsets & sunrises, gaze at star-filled skies
- Snowcoach to Norris Geyser Basin on return to West Yellowstone, overnight at Kelly Inn
- Evening Ranger Program at West Yellowstone Visitor Information Center
- XC ski at Rendezvous Ski Trail & Madison Riverside Trail
- Stop by West Yellowstone Visitor Center
- Airport shuttle back to Bozeman for overnight
- Flight home through Chicago
sarac369 (at) charter.net