The West Yellowstone Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the dates for the 2009 Yellowstone Ski Festival. Join over three thousand other Nordic ski enthusiasts in West Yellowstone during the Thanksgiving week. With the fourth Thursday in November falling late in the month, we anticipate another successful snow packed festival. Back again for 2009 are the ever popular ski clinics, on-snow demo show, indoor ski expo, wax demos, speakers, and of course the races.
First snow on Yellowstone Rendezvous ski trails, October 8, 2009
Complimenting this year’s program is an exciting new short sprint race and an expanded women only clinic. If you haven’t already, now is the time to reserve your room for the week and register for the clinics. We have an exciting line up with fun & snow for everyone. Here are a few highlights and early discounts.
- Nordic Ski Clinics. Register now and secure your space in one of the highly acclaimed Nordic Ski Clinics of the year. Choose from five, three, or one day clinics. Each day you will have two on-snow sessions with our elite instructors and an evening classroom session. Skiers of all abilities will find our clinics valuable. For beginners, there is no better way to learn than to spend a few days with a knowledgeable instructor for both on snow and off snow training. For experienced skiers, start your season off right by brushing up on your technique or learning a new skill. Ladies, sign up for the women only 3 day clinic and enjoy the camaraderie of an all female class taught by female instructors. Learn and laugh at the wine, women, and wax session presented by Swix technical advisor, Jack Hart. The 2009 Clinic Registration form is available online at http://www.yellowstoneskifestival.com/clinic-registration-form/
- On-Snow Demo Show. With the purchase of any November Rendezvous Ski Trail Pass, you can experience the industry’s largest on-snow demo show. All the major Nordic Ski manufactures will be at the Rendezvous Ski Trails demonstrating their new gear for the 2009-2010 season. The Try It and Buy It demo area will be open during the day for all five days of the show. This is your chance to shop for new Nordic gear and try it on snow before you buy it.
- Indoor Ski Expo. Spend Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday evening strolling the Indoor Ski Expo held at the West Yellowstone Holiday Inn. Talk to industry sales representatives, learn something new at a waxing seminar, or simply enjoy the presentations showcased nightly. The indoor trade show is a great way to cap off a day on the trails and is free of charge. Don’t forget to join us on Friday evening to listen to keynote speaker, Steve Gaskill.
- Racing. Competitive racing for the 2009-2010 season starts in West Yellowstone. As an Olympic year, we expect to see many of the top names in Nordic skiing on the Rendezvous Ski Trails this week. Premiering in West Yellowstone on Wednesday will be a Sprint Qualifying Only Classic race. This race is open to all skiers. Competitive racers can earn valuable points early in the season and recreational skiers can test their time against sponsored athletes and Olympic hopefuls. We will also be offering two biathlon events sponsored by Altius Handcrafted Firearms on Wednesday, a sprint and a novice race. Of course, a highlight of the week is the SuperTour races on Friday and Saturday. Capping off the race week will be a Juniors Freestyle event on Saturday afternoon.
- Ski Passes. Once again the Rendezvous Ski Trails will be open for the month of November. As soon as the snow flies, we will see expertly groomed corduroy and classic tracks throughout the Nordic ski system. If you plan on attending the Yellowstone Ski Festival or would like to ski in West Yellowstone this November, now is the time to consider a prepaid trail pass. For more information, go to http://www.yellowstoneskifestival.com/xc-ski-passes/
- Shuttle Service. Conserve your carbon footprint and let someone else do the driving. If you are staying in town, you are within walking distance to the Rendezvous Ski Trails and you will not need a rental car to get there. Take advantage of the shuttle service from the Bozeman airport and find the details here. http://www.yellowstoneskifestival.com/bozeman-shuttle/
For more information about the Yellowstone Ski Festival, go to www.yellowstoneskifestival.com. Be sure to check back often as we continue to update and confirm new details. Further questions can be addressed to Sara Hoovler at 406-599-4465 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See you this November on the snow in West Yellowstone!