Are you passionate about sports and the impact they can have in our society? Are you ready to be challenged by taking on the future of an organization dedicated to making a difference?
Olympic Gold Medalist Chandra Crawford is looking for a seriously motivated, confident, skilled and outgoing person to lead the organization while she focuses on training for the 2010 Olympics. Fast and Female needs a “Director”. You can work from home anywhere in Canada and will be responsible for organizing events, marketing, communications, media relations and helping with fundraising.
You want to work at a cool startup . . .
Fast and Female is the beginning of a revolution. Since 2005, events in British Columbia, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta have expanded the organization into an exciting program with athletes of all levels involved. Success in the short-term means getting more girls hooked on cross country skiing. In the long term, the goal is to turn Fast and Female into a nation-wide wellness-through-sport program.
Check things out at http://www.fastandfemale.com for more info.
Experienced in marketing, communications, event organizing or fundraising… Have you raised a heap of money for a cause? Have you worked in marketing or communications? Have you built or maintained a website? Have you organized events for hundreds of people?
- Outgoing and great with people
- Enthusiastic about sport
- Excellent with computer stuff (organizational, promotional and website)
- Sharp with accounting and can stick to a budget
- A solution seeker
- Connected to the business world with possible sponsorship contacts
You would enjoy spending your time . . .
- Apply for grants or find someone to do this
- Network! Find sponsors and keep them happy
- Coordinate donations and thankyous
- Use your creativity to develop ways to generate revenue
- Keep track of the financial side
Grow the Organization
- Create strategic plan for the next two years of F+F
- Currently a not-fo-rprofit, Fast and Female needs to get Charitable Foundation status as soon as possible.
- Connect with kindred spirits and expand Fast and Female into a multi-sport organization.
- Redesign and keep www.fastandfemale.com hoppin' with updates and improvements daily and manage mailing list.
- Dream up creative promotions
- Develop branding and messaging
- Design and distribute newsletter
- Design and distribute clothing line through e-store
- Create and Distribute Promotional Materials:
- Work with CrossCountry Canada (CCC), Provincial Reps and Local Clubs to host awesome annual ski day events with xc skiing, yoga, healthy food, inspirational speeches and dancing.
- Coordinate Volunteers, Leaders, and logistics of events
- Get the March 2009 event (location TBD) organized!
- Work with CCC Women's Committee to organize “Amazing Tips” seminars for coaches and parents while their kids attend F+F
Managing Public Relations
- Author press releases and work to generate press coverage
- Proactively reach out to media (local and national) and capture opportunities for increased visibility
- Post-event followup work with images, the media, and sponsors
- Background in marketing, communications, event organizing or fundraising.
- A University degree in one of these fields would be a plus.
- Experience would be an even bigger plus!...
- This a part-time contract position beginning November 1, 2008. Renegotiation May 1, 2008 for a 1-2 year term that is optimal for both you and Fast and Female.
- Work from your home anywhere in Canada. Travel to 1-3 events per year. Travel as needed to meet sponsors.
- Approximately 15-30 hours per week of work, with more work and time required around the events.
$25-30/hr based on qualifications/experience
Please send to Chandra Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2008:
- resume and cover letter summarizing your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- A 300word sample press release about a fictitious F+F event. Include a made-up quote from: 1) a participant, 2) a parent of a participant, 3) an instructor, 4) a sponsor, and 5) Chandra in your release.
- If you are interested in a Fundraising Job (rather than the Director position) please send a breakdown of how you would raise $150,000 per year for Fast and Female. Include Strategy, Company names, and estimated timeline. (This information will be kept strictly confidential.) Just give us a sense that you could actually pull this off… for serious offers 20-30% commission would be discussed.
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST! If we get someone hired and get some sponsorship $ there will be an event somewhere in Canada late March 2009… stay tuned!