Justin Andre reports great skiing at Hanson Hills Recreation Area, with 7 inches of snow from the recent storm. Justin plans to hold the Michigan Cup 6 Hour Team Time Trial this Saturday as scheduled. Says Justin,
Hanson trail is shaping up well. I don't think we will have a problem holding the 6 hour team relays this weekend.
The time trial starts at 10:00am. Relays teams consist of three people taking turns skiing a loop over a six hour period.
- Registration from 8:30am-9:30am (Lodge)
- $45 PER TEAM = $15 PER PERSON (team money must be paid all at once)
- Teams will consist of (3) members.
- Categories of teams will be; ALL MALE team, ALL FEMALE team, CO-ED team.
- Each member of team must complete at LEAST (1) Lap during the 6hr period.
- Only (1) Team Member on course at a time.
- Each TEAM will be provided with a Lanyard with a designated team number, Lanyard will be used as a Baton. Team member must have Lanyard with them to have laps scored. TEAMS MUST EXCHANGE NUMBER LANYARD WITHIN THE PRE DETERMINED EXCHANGE ZONE.
- Teams will be provided with a personal lap counting sheet, (this is for team’s use only, cannot be used for official results)
- Timing will begin at 10am.
- Teams have until 3:59pm to start the final lap.
- When skier is finished with his/her “turn/leg”. They must immediately and politely “SELF REPORT” number of laps that they have skied that “turn/leg” at the officials table. If you do not report, those laps will not be counted.
- Hourly Lap reports will be posted.