It's cold outside this weekend! We want to minimize the time racers spend waiting around between heats, so this is what we're going to do:
- 8:30 - 9:30 is registration time in the main lodge at Hanson Hills.
- 10:00am - We'll run the time trial that will be used to seed racers in the heats and for tie-breaking. All skiers - men, women, and juniors - will be in the time trial
- We'll then have a break for 30 minutes while we organize the heats based on the time trial results.
- Next, we'll run the men's race. All heats will be run through the B- and A-Finals.
- Women go next. We'll complete the entire women's race.
- Junior Girls go next. Again, we'll run all the heats.
- Junior Boys will go last.
- It's off to the awards ceremony!
Top 48 men, 24 women, 24 girls, and 24 boys move from the time trial to the heats. Top two skiers from each heat move into the next round of heats.
Skiers who don't move on will be awarded a place based on what position they finished in the heat and their time trial time. For example, we'll have 8 men finish 4th across the initial 8 heats. Those 8 men will be rank ordered in the standings based on their time trial time.
What does this mean for strategy? Don't dog the time trial!
What to know more? See: