What is the King of the Hill?
King of the Hill is an uphill/downhill race where participants choose any non-motorized, non-wheeled winter gear to race uphill and downhill sections of the course. Snowshoes, alpine, xc, telemark or randonee skis and bindings, snowboards, climbing skins are all permitted.
Participants must carry all their gear from start to finish. A Le Mans start will have participants run ten yards in their boots to strap into their waiting gear of choice. All ages and abilities are welcome.
Begin at Ivan’s; the course heads toward the yellow lift, up Chicken’s Choice, down Sally’s Alley, past the red lift, up River Run, up Village Way, and down Queen’s Corner and Belle’s Bottom back to the start line.
Age Groups + Divisions
Two Divisions: Single lap + Double lap (twice around)
Male + Female
• 15 + under
• 8-9:30am: Packet pick-up/late registration at Ivan’s
• 10am: Race start
• 11am: Short’s Starcut Ciders brunch in Ivan’s (included with registration fee)
• 11:30am: Awards Ceremony
• Advance registration: $20 (includes souvenir logoed gear bag and Short’s Starcut Ciders Brunch at Ivan’s Café
• Late registration: $25
• Starcut Ciders brunch for non-racers: $15
• Starcut Ciders brunch for White Pine participants not in KotH: $10
• Overall King + Queen of the Hill (two-lap event)
• 1st, 2nd, 3rd male + female for each group for each race
Contact Steve Kershner for more information at 231-533-3000 ext 7158 or SKershner@shantycreek.com.