Training Period 6 (September 14 - October 11): New in the Period
In Training Plans:
The total monthly volume decreases in period 6 versus period 5. Looking closely, you will see that intensity and strength have increased in period 6. This is particularly true with an increase in level 4. The body needs to adapt to this shift, so the training load from period 5 to period 6 remains similar even though the volume has decreased.
In Video Extras:
- Ski Plant (with Yuriy Gusev CXC Athletic Director);
- V2 Alternate Drills (no poles) (with Yuriy Gusev CXC Athletic Director);
- Lecture: Post Race Strategies and Recovery Nutrition
(with Jessica Tidswell, PT, DPT, ATCL, CSCS*D Resident Physical Therapist, US Ski and Snowboard Association);
- Cycling Series | Vision Quest Coaching and Robbie Ventura: Even the Best Coaches Need Coaches;
- Cycling Series | Vision Quest Coaching and Robbie Ventura: Measure Athlete's Training design a "perfect week";
- Coaches Corner Notes Series | Post Race Strategies and Recovery Nutrition Guidelines (video script) PDF download;
- Coaches Corner Notes Series | Recovery Time During Speed Intervals and VO2 Data PDF download;
- Coaches Corner Notes Series | Nordic Roller Skiing Safety Some Basics to Know PDF download.