Winter Trails Day is coming to Cross Country Ski Headquarters tomorrow!!
January 6, 2007 Saturday 10 AM
- 10 AM, registration and outfitting in boots, skis and poles.
- 10:30, Do dry land X-C clinic, with skiers in boots, skis and poles learning how to get the skis on, how to hold the poles and how to start cross country skiing. Also including learning how to fall down and how to get up!
- 11:00, Return boots, skis & poles
- 11:10, Draw registrant’s names from hat for prizes.
- 11:20, Outfit the skiers with Nordic Ski Walking poles and Forest Ranger Karen Gaeth will teach the Ski Walking technique and guide skiers on a Ski Walking Tour of Discovery. Not only will they identify the species of trees in the forest you will learn of their importance in the outdoors! Karen will also point out 2 fox dens and a number of forest sculptures made by the Pileated Woodpeckers.
- 12:30, At the end of the tour skiers will come upon the Trapper's Cabin where free hot cocoa, hot dogs and a bonfire await. All at no charge! After a rest at the Cabin skiers will be able to choose to go on their own and explore more trails or be guided back to Cross Country Ski Headquarters
- 1:30 - 5 PM, Skiers return from their tours and turn in Ski Walking poles. They are invited to relax in front of the Fireplace in the Stone Turtle Day Lodge.
Winter Trails Day is open for all ages and abilities featuring official Ski Walking Poles.
Prizes/Drawings: Courtesy of Atomic, Fischer, Salomon, Karhu and Alpina X-C Ski Companies there will be over 25 door prizes ranging from T-Shirts to Skis! There is plenty of free parking right at Cross Country Ski Headquarters.
Pre-registration very highly recommended! Just call 800 832 2663 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with names and shoe sizes.
The January Thaw Sale is underway. The Chili is on and the kitchen is open and there is a fire in the fireplace. Complimentary Hot Cocoa & Muffins too!
Our hours are: 10 to 5:!30 Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 9 to 6 Friday & Saturday