Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Team NordicSkiRacer.com Forum
 Weekend Fun? Time Trial?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ATarnow

54 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2005 :  4:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since there isn't going to be a Hanson Hills, is there any interest in some sort of improvised NSR event?

There is the possibility we could be skiing again by the weekend. So maybe a time trial at Kensington. How about some other type of event if no snow?

Since it looks like we may have snow how about a time trial at Kensington or someplace else?

Perhaps we could have a Festivus celebration; feats of strength, airing of the grievencess, dance around the aluminum festivus pole at Muha's house.

Lets here some suggestions people. I know Southern MI sucks but we should be able to find somthing to get the old heart rate up.

Aaron,

Edited by - ATarnow on Jan 05 2005 09:52:08 AM

kuhl101

29 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2005 :  09:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm up for something. if they are grooming how about we go to independence oaks for a freestyle 10k +/- TT. Plan on 9AM and time yourself. I would like to do it at 9AM at the latest as I have to move this weekend as well. also, it may warm up and/or rain later in the day.
Go to Top of Page

kuhl101

29 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2005 :  08:48:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks like we may have to ski in a loop at kensington if we want to do a time trial. i don't think that they recieved enough snow at indy oaks.
Go to Top of Page

Fanslow

6 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2005 :  09:22:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about Independence Lake County Park in Whitemore Lake? They said they'll groom this afternoon. I'll also check out Buhr later today. Hopefully they get out and do a good job grooming because the snow here in A2 is pretty good.

Dave Fanslow
Go to Top of Page

kuhl101

29 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2005 :  10:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'd be up for doing the TT anywhere they have snow and grooming. AA or whitmore lake is fine with me. keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

ryrayrob

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2005 :  2:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ATarnow

Since there isn't going to be a Hanson Hills, is there any interest in some sort of improvised NSR event?

There is the possibility we could be skiing again by the weekend. So maybe a time trial at Kensington. How about some other type of event if no snow?

Since it looks like we may have snow how about a time trial at Kensington or someplace else?

Perhaps we could have a Festivus celebration; feats of strength, airing of the grievencess, dance around the aluminum festivus pole at Muha's house.

Lets here some suggestions people. I know Southern MI sucks but we should be able to find somthing to get the old heart rate up.

Aaron,

you guys should come out to marshbank park before you make your decision on saturdays festivities. i can groom a VERY wide mass start line. i think you all would like this little 5K loop i have. it's on hiller rd. 1/2 mile north of commerce rd in west bloomfield.

ryan
Go to Top of Page

Fanslow

6 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2005 :  07:51:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to Buhr for first time: dont waste your time driving. Didnt get a chance to try Independence Lake. Anyone else get there?
Go to Top of Page

kuhl101

29 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2005 :  08:19:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if marshbank is groomed for skating everyone is game i think we should go there. looking at the weather we may want to do 9AM so we can be done before it really warms up. is there any interest?
Go to Top of Page

ryrayrob

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2005 :  09:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's groomed and ready(classic trail too) - i'll set trail markers and groom the start for 8-12 abreast.

ryan

quote:
Originally posted by kuhl101

if marshbank is groomed for skating everyone is game i think we should go there. looking at the weather we may want to do 9AM so we can be done before it really warms up. is there any interest?

Go to Top of Page

Mike Muha

USA
81 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2005 :  09:46:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Muha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Per Steve Kuhl e-mail:

"I hear good things about the grooming at marshbank park. maybe we should plan on meeting there saturday morning around 9am for a 10km TT. we can either do a mass start or a seeded start based off of the results from the duathalon or previous ski races and try to have everyone finish together. (i.e. since julie beat muha last weekend by 10 minutes she would start 10 minutes later as to not totally destroy his pride) the details are a little scetchy at this point but we can play it by year. lets decide soon so everyone can get involved."

I'm not sure about the part of Julie beating me...
Go to Top of Page

JulieHoule

17 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2005 :  11:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What Steve probably doesn't realize (or maybe he does!) is that a few of the women (not me!) got together before the race and decided to shorten the women's race to 8K!! If you look at 2/3 of Mike's time I'm sure he didn't get girled! Hey... how do I get to Marshbank? And... count me in!
Go to Top of Page

JulieHoule

17 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2005 :  11:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found a link to Marshbank Metro Park in the Trail Reports ~ thanks Ryan!
Go to Top of Page

Fanslow

6 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2005 :  1:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Count me in too. I'll try and recruit a few other Ann Arborites.
Go to Top of Page

Bobby Ljubic

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2005 :  2:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it isn't too late, you might want to consider Independence Oaks County Park instead.
Conditions are awesome and will be even better by Saturday.
They will be grooming Saturday morning also from what I hear.
The Springlake Trail & Rockridge Trail is in great shape, good snow coverage and mild use have preserved it.
Go to Top of Page

ATarnow

54 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2005 :  4:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lets stick with Marshbank since many people won't be checking the site again tonight.

Go to Top of Page

Mike Muha

USA
81 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2005 :  7:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Muha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks to for the great grooming (you know who you are, and so do the rest of us).

It was a fun 5km everyone, but that relay race afterwards just crushed me. I took the day off today...

Mike
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000