Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Buy, Sell, Trade, Offer, Wanted, Have
 Hot new XC ski culture book!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JeffOYB

USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  3:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeffOYB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check it out at: http://outyourbackdoor.com/article.php?id=1833

Andy Liebner is a fast young Alaskan who went from top junior and collegiate results (NMU!) to signing up for the military the day after 9-11 to then racing in Europe and around the world to see how far he could go in XC ski racing and biathlon. He had many surprising adventures along the way and learned a huge amount about what it means to go it alone. Breakthroughs and frustrations alike abound in his story. You won't believe it. The barriers were ENDLESS and only got BIGGER, yet Andy persevered. The finale is fascinating with major twists.

Yes, this is shameless promotion, but, heck, it's relevant, a rare occasion, and... why wait 'til you see it in a shop or bookstore?

This is the only new XC ski culture book on the market. And the only book to come out since Pete Vordenberg's "Momentum," which I published. I didn't publish this one, but I helped -- and it's been fun helping the very energetic Andy. I'm now helping him get the word out and sell it.

Andy's book also includes practical info and insights on the biggest factors separating skiers who are on their way to the top.

It's 250 pages of page-burning fun -- with nail-biting cliffhangers, too.

I offer a nice paperback, but it's available on Kindle, also!

Here are some early reviews:

Wild Shot lives up to its name. Andy Liebner details his athletic training and racing in Europe and the United States. Beyond the physical and technical athletic requirements, Liebner gives the reader deeper insight into the proper and difficult mindset necessary for success. Realizing a little self-doubt can destroy him, Liebner discovers his greatest enemy and his greatest strength lie in his attitude. A true hero's journey in every sense of the word. -- Tyler R. Tichelaar, Ph.D. and author of the award-winning "Narrow Lives"

This book provides an honest perspective of what it truly takes to become a top level ski racer in a country with so little ski culture, let alone support for young athletes pursuing their dreams of becoming a top level skier. This book is a great example of what can happen if one's passion and desire to race are strong enough. It is full of adventure and great examples of what can be done if an athlete has the passion and willingness to overcome barriers. -- Sten Fjeldheim, NMU Ski Coach

Reading Andy Liebner's book is like going on a journey of discovery. Along the way you experience everything Andy does and become part of his adventure in Nordic skiing. Andy has accepted life as a challenge, and he draws the reader into his life as a world-class cross country ski racer. I recommend it as a must-read for every skier. -- Bob Gregg, Publisher of "The Master Skier" Ski Journal

--Jeff Potter
OutYourBackdoor.com

Edited by - JeffOYB on Jan 13 2012 4:07:19 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000