Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 General Forum
 How to use the Trail Reports?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JeffOYB

USA
181 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  12:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeffOYB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see that there are a bunch of trails listed in the Trail Reports section. But I don't see how to post dated info about current status of trails. Wouldn't that be the 2nd best thing about such a database? -- List the trails, then list updates as to their condition as of a certain date. ? Am I missing a way to enter info? There is the "current weather" section -- but that's not "enlightened ski info," really. Hmm, it kinda looks manual, like it makes Mike have to work to input user feedback. Mike, any chance that a "comments update" sort of section below each trail description could be added? Anyone want that feature? -- JP

--Jeff Potter
OutYourBackdoor.com

Edited by - JeffOYB on Feb 14 2011 12:12:52 PM

mmuha

USA
313 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  2:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit mmuha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why wouldn't you just post another trail report? Or are you talking about the trail listings (descriptions) and want to provide updates there?

Mike
Go to Top of Page

JeffOYB

USA
181 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  6:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeffOYB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh I get it now. Very weird! :)

I first tried to use the system by looking up a Trail in the Trail Search. I found it. Let's say it was Burchfield in Holt. Well, that's all you see -- the trail location, description. I think that all the dated updates should (also?) flow into each Trail listing.

Now based on your perplexed response I went back and looked at Trail Reports, which I assume would also just bring me to the Descriptions but, no, I see that it's a dated mash-up of all trail info BY DATE ONLY, not by trail. Ah! So if I report on Burchfield, like I see that Linda Weeks did the info does not flow into the Burchfield listing area -- under the description -- but it just hops into the timeline with every other trail.

In short, I think all info on a trail should flow into the trail listing somehow. The date is not the most relevant thing. Right now there are two lists, in effect. Trail info and dated info.

Do people say, "It's Saturday what's good today?" Then they just want to see where in the state they should drive to? If so then maybe a dated forum is cool. But I think that most folks are regionally based. Or maybe it's a case of BOTH. They'll say "I want to see if the Vasa Trail is any good" as well as "It's Friday, what's good out there anywhere in the state?"

Dunno if any of this rambling makes any sense...

--Jeff Potter
OutYourBackdoor.com
Go to Top of Page

mmuha

USA
313 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  11:15:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit mmuha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that makes perfect sense! I'll see if I can make that enhancement later this year!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000