Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    
 
Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video
 
NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Forums
 Michigan Cup Forum
 Boyne or Bear Chase
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mac

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  8:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the sketchy forecast for the rest of the week it is a tough decision to plan on (and hope) the Boyne races happen or to make plans to head for the Bear Chase. I am a little disappointed that a decision won't be made until noon on Friday whether or not the races at Boyne are going to happen. I genuinely feel sorry for the race director having to deal with marginal conditions but I also feel that if a decision were made on Thursday night it would still allow racers to have the option of going to Calumet for the Bear Chase. For me, and I'm sure a lot of other racers, noon on Friday doesn't allow enough time to make the long trip to da U.P. Anybody else feel the same way?

Dave Maclean

mmuha

USA
313 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  5:04:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit mmuha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure the Boyne Races are happening - I think they just wanted to make sure they had everything in order. But I hear what you say - it is hard to change plans at the last moment.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

mac

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  11:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like it's neither. Oh well, the weather in Calumet didn't look so good either. Time to get out the summer toys.
Go to Top of Page

mmuha

USA
313 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  1:44:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit mmuha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll be running/biking/swimming and/or weights this weekend as well. Still hoping the relays happen, though.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Drysdale

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  8:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, because they waited to make the decision, we're sitting here at the Comfort Inn at the corner and the races are CANCELED!! BUT-we had planned a week-end away anyway. We will sleep in, check out the Goodwill, hit the used book store, have a very leisurely dinner and, maybe, check out a movie. I would have picked a different place for a get-away, but we're here and we'll make the best of it. BUMMER!! Ray Drysdale
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000