Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Team NordicSkiRacer.com Forum
 Ann Arbor dry land training
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ATarnow

54 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  5:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There seems to be some interest in putting together some weeknight dry land sessions down here in AA. Monday night seems to be a popular choice. Maybe meet at the Arb and work the hills in there?

So lets discuss and get some training started here in town!

Aaron

mmuha

USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  10:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit mmuha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thoughts on the goal of the session:

1. Strength and balance training? I would think this would consist of doing circuits and short bounding sets, focusing on max power.

2. Lactate recovery? Could do harder intervals of 1 minute, up to about four minutes, with recovery time half the interval time (e.g. 1 minute interval, 30 second recovery, 2 minute interval, 1 minute recovery...)

3. Some combination?

6:00 pm the right time to start?
Go to Top of Page

dheady

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  3:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mondays at 6pm would work for me.

Doug

Go to Top of Page

ATarnow

54 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  4:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Specific Strength e.g. bounding and plyos sound good to me. 6:00pm mondays sounds good also.

Who's in?
Go to Top of Page

ATarnow

54 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2005 :  08:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the same vein. Does anyone know of a good office park in AA where a person might be able to roller ski in the evenings?
Go to Top of Page

mmuha

USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  6:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit mmuha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aaron - I'm most likely out on Mondays because of other obligations. Doug and Tim???

I've rollerskied out south of the Ann Arbor airport where they used to have the Ann Arbor Velo Club criterium training rides. I've also done the parkings lots at St. Joe's hospital. But it's been awhile since I've done either...
Go to Top of Page

mmuha

USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  5:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit mmuha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some UoM students want to train with us - someone want to officialy sponsor a Monday night session?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000