Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Team NordicSkiRacer.com Forum
 Day trip to Boyne if no Crystal?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mmuha

USA
313 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2005 :  1:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit mmuha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone interested in a day trip this weekend to Boyne if the Crystal Highlander doesn't happen?
Mike

dirtkahuna

USA
75 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2005 :  1:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit dirtkahuna's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm in if you go Sunday.
Go to Top of Page

mikeheid

4 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2005 :  6:31:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mike,

I would like to head up on one of the days. We will find out Sat. morn. if the race is a go, does that mean you will head up on Sunday?
Go to Top of Page

mmuha

USA
313 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2005 :  9:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mmuha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If we go, it would be Sunday.
Go to Top of Page

mmuha

USA
313 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2005 :  10:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit mmuha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It also sounds like Cross Country Ski Headquarters has snow - that would be a much shorter drive!
quote:
6:14 AM: Groomed, packed and tracked all day yesterday. Will snowcomb the skating lanes early this morning. Shallow tracks are set on the Blizzard, Rolling Hills, Mackinaw Cut, Wild Turkey and Trappers Cabin trails. Will set tracks on the Adventure and Tall Pines trails after snowcombing the skating lanes this morning. The Manitou Trail is packed but will need a little more snow before we can set tracks.

Go to Top of Page

mmuha

USA
313 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2005 :  6:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit mmuha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Change in plans - the skiing at Kensington Golf Course is fine: I skied it with Ken Dawson Friday night and Julie Houle today. I'm going to save the drive time for a race and ski at Kensington on Sunday starting around 10:00am for a 3 hour ski.

Julie and I are going to sponsor a outside cookout at 1:00 at Kensington - bring something to cook, something to drink, something to pass and warm clothes to change into. Sounds like several people will be arriving at various times in the morning with a plan to end at 1:00.

Mike

P.S. I heard that XCHQ was not very good, so that means we'd have to drive much further tomorrow if we drove...
Go to Top of Page

JulieHoule

17 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2005 :  6:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll have a few extra brats to cook on the grill, and I'm baking cookies tonight, so even if you don't have time to pick up food ~ join us for a ski! We'll share. Yes, they will be boiled in beer before I bring them and... Oatmeal Walnut Chocolate Chip.

Edited by - JulieHoule on Jan 15 2005 8:42:38 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000