Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Michigan Cup Forum
 Fat Snow Bikes on Vasa on Fridays FAQ correction

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Curt Peterson Posted - Sep 30 2013 : 11:53:41 AM
Just to be sure the Vasa Ski Club never voted for allowing snow bikes to be allowed on the Vasa ski trail. That was implied in the TART FAQ posted here in NSR. The club did not appoint a member to represent the skiers interest in TART meetings. In fact the skiing community, was for the most part, not involved in the discussions at all.

What is a bit troubling is that we are all the same people and friends (skiers, road bikers, mtn bikers, and snow bikers). We need to work this out together. What has finally worked out in Marquette has been reported to me to be quite successful. Last year they started grooming separate narrower trails for the snow bikes (i.e. like single track mtn bike trails in the summer) and they really liked the feel of the more single track like trails. So they were on separate trails but could still use the warming lodge which is great as both groups could socialize before and after each users activities. This is what the snow bikers should work for here at the Vasa. We can work this out and please please all remain as friends.

Curt

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000