Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 General Forum
 Potto Raid is dead: long live the Raid!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JeffOYB Posted - Jan 27 2013 : 7:39:47 PM
We didn't have the Raid today. Not enough snow. 2" fluff and dry underneath: yuck.

But...

Stinchfield had 4" of snow.

RadNord and I both battled bad backs all this past week. Don't let bad backs hold you back! We insisted on skiing today down here.

So we skied 2 hrs at Stinch. Wonderful! We got in several really long really hard uphills. Plus we explored new terrain and found several big mountain ranges we hadn't seen in decades before! That Stinch is magic. It sticks up into the clouds and reliably drags down more snow than anywhere else in the SE area.

After that we went and lake-skied the Chain of Lakes for 1.5 hrs. It was fun skiing the unmarked snow. Like powder skiing. The skis just whizzed along in the whiteness. then we jammed back across the lake for 15 minutes straight at max speed.

So we got in 3.5 hrs of skiing anyway with plenty of max efforts for a Raid worthy day of skiing.

Only the gimps couldn't be scared off!

So, if it's been cold, even if it's low snow there's always SOMEWHERE local with the good action!

Keep the faith!

(...25 local ski outings so far this season.)

--Jeff Potter
OutYourBackdoor.com

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000