Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Michigan Cup Forum
 A Couple Notes on the 2012 Black Mountain Classic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Theo von Wallmenich Posted - Mar 05 2012 : 7:32:23 PM
1.) It was an epic race, but you already knew that.
2.) While taking nothing away from Eli Browns great victory, it should be noted that Dan Yankus took a wrong turn and had to double-back. Apparently Dan must not have known that if you are ahead of Denny in this race, you turn left when Denny tells you to turn right, and vice versa. Unfortunately for Dan this put him behind Denny; and as we all know Denny Paull does not double pole his pole plants push the earth backward. Thusly separating him from his chasers, which must have made it a lot harder for Dan to catch back up. Havent you ever noticed that you go slower when youre in a race with Denny? This is why. Im sure its in the Theory of Relativity somewhere.
3.) Denny Paull is not human. He is a cyborg sent back in time from the future to alter the course of ski racing history in northern Lower Michigan. It was sporting of him to spend the first 4 hours of his day in grueling physical labor to clear a zillion blown down trees off the trail so that the rest of us might have a fair chance at catching him during the race. Watch out Denny; were on to your secret now.
4.) Awesome job of putting on this race Denny, Jim M., Nick J., Tracy H., Straits Striders, Black Mountain Lodge, and the volunteers whos names, regrettably, I do not know. You made more than a ski race. You made a little piece of history.

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000