Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 General Forum
 base grind

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ray Drysdale Posted - Apr 08 2011 : 11:44:33 PM
A heads up for all. DO NOT take your skis to Brick Wheels to have them stone ground. It has nothing to do with the quality of their work. They have put the grinding equipment away for the season! So, its like a screwdriver that you put in a drawer when you are done? Wouldn't the off season be the perfect time to have your skis stone ground? sorry for the rant, but I just drove from the Jackson area to TC, only to be told, no dice. Very surprised, and disappointed.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
timg Posted - Sep 27 2011 : 08:23:00 AM
For citizen skiers do you really need to have a base grind? Just as effective is to scrape the skis at the start of each season with a metal scraper and rill for conditions. Save your money!
Chris Maltby Posted - Aug 18 2011 : 3:47:00 PM
Yep. My LF 7 grind is great if snow that puddles up with water. I now have a good 35 degree ski though! These were ground last Feb.
telewhacker Posted - Apr 22 2011 : 5:51:55 PM
You may want to hold off on the brick Wheels grinds for a little while anyway. They have adopted a new system of grinds and from what I have seen, they need some fine tuning. At the moment it seems as if all of their grinds are far too coarse for the intended temperature. I had some skis ground for Swix 6 conditions and they only seem to run when snow temps are 30F+. Other friends have had similar experiences.
Of course, YMMV.

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000