Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    
Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Michigan Cup Forum
 Boyne or Bear Chase

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON


T O P I C    R E V I E W
mac Posted - Mar 10 2010 : 8:07:35 PM
With the sketchy forecast for the rest of the week it is a tough decision to plan on (and hope) the Boyne races happen or to make plans to head for the Bear Chase. I am a little disappointed that a decision won't be made until noon on Friday whether or not the races at Boyne are going to happen. I genuinely feel sorry for the race director having to deal with marginal conditions but I also feel that if a decision were made on Thursday night it would still allow racers to have the option of going to Calumet for the Bear Chase. For me, and I'm sure a lot of other racers, noon on Friday doesn't allow enough time to make the long trip to da U.P. Anybody else feel the same way?

Dave Maclean
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ray Drysdale Posted - Mar 12 2010 : 8:35:16 PM
Well, because they waited to make the decision, we're sitting here at the Comfort Inn at the corner and the races are CANCELED!! BUT-we had planned a week-end away anyway. We will sleep in, check out the Goodwill, hit the used book store, have a very leisurely dinner and, maybe, check out a movie. I would have picked a different place for a get-away, but we're here and we'll make the best of it. BUMMER!! Ray Drysdale
mmuha Posted - Mar 12 2010 : 1:44:23 PM
I'll be running/biking/swimming and/or weights this weekend as well. Still hoping the relays happen, though.
mac Posted - Mar 12 2010 : 11:33:49 AM
Looks like it's neither. Oh well, the weather in Calumet didn't look so good either. Time to get out the summer toys.
mmuha Posted - Mar 11 2010 : 5:04:07 PM
I'm pretty sure the Boyne Races are happening - I think they just wanted to make sure they had everything in order. But I hear what you say - it is hard to change plans at the last moment.

Mike Forums © 2004-14 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000