Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Michigan Cup Forum
 White Pine Stampede

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
32degrees Posted - Feb 07 2009 : 1:33:20 PM
Post your white pine stampede reports here !

http://outsideinmi.blogspot.com/
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
devils son in law Posted - Feb 12 2009 : 08:35:48 AM
With the WPS course still fresh in everone's mind how about comments or recommendations from other races you've done this year!
~what you like or didn't like about a race course
~how was the course laid out
~certain format you like better than others
~pre and post race activities
This is not to say one race is better than others or to pick a favorite over others but hopefuly help everyone put on a good, fun race with input from the racers, a little constructive critisism never hurts!!
Dell Todd Posted - Feb 11 2009 : 4:03:03 PM
The proper 40k route was taped off by course officials and we were also manually pointed in the wrong direction. They were looking for the 10k racers first, who started 2 hours after us.

At no point did I hear a course official telling me that we had it wrong. I did hear some chatter in the group questioning whether we were on the right trail. I'd seen some emails from Jack on a new course so I could not be positive we'd not see a two-loop format, thus was not sure what to do but keep racing the people I was with. At some point behind me skiers 180'd back to the wrong turn and got on the right track. Consequently my group did not complete the proper course, and the other group on some version of the proper course did not race us. Therefore I feel that the WPS finish results for the misdirected race were a nice gesture, but for the Michigan Cup points, the race was invalid and nobody in the mens race should be awarded MiCup points. To do otherwise would be to undermine the integrity & value of racing for points.

Go GRNST !
dirtkahuna Posted - Feb 11 2009 : 10:20:02 AM
Due to having a pretty bad head cold, I switched from the 40k to the 20k at the last moment.

The 20k went off without a hitch. Nick Biac recommended Toko HF Red, which would keep the dirt and salt from the road crossings from invading my ski bases. I opted for my warm-grind skis though, and they had Toko Yellow and old Toko Streamline on them. I really can't say that my skis were any slower than anyone else's.

I started with the race leaders, but I knew that I wasn't healthy enough to stay with them for long. I eventually fell back to 16th place, but I finished 2nd in the 45-49 age group. This was my first-ever age group award in the WPS.

If I were feeling 100%, I'm sure I could've hung in with the leaders. I almost always get some sort of illness this time of year, no matter what I do. Still, it felt good to get outside and blow the crap out of my head for an hour or so.

Chris Maltby Posted - Feb 10 2009 : 9:29:58 PM
I think the 10km/40km route mistake has left people with mixed emotions. The men's 40km freestyle results aren't very cut and dry. Not everyone skied the same distance.

I really like the route they put together. It was fun to ski. I hope they stick to a route similar next year.

Chris
32degrees Posted - Feb 10 2009 : 8:23:48 PM
come on people !! 115 view and no posts/stories !!! Let us NON-racers share your fun vicariously....

http://outsideinmi.blogspot.com/

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000