Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 General Forum
 Ideas for V2-125 tubes? (I'm the only Forum user!)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JeffOYB Posted - Sep 20 2012 : 3:36:55 PM
Man, that's scary -- I'm the only person posting to this part of the Forum, it looks like.

Anyway...

I've been trying to be real careful of my V2 125 inner tubes. I'm now having the worst luck since I started using my bike-shock pump again. If I top off the wheels a few times I'll blow the stems. Any kind of pumping action on the stem quickly results in busting it. How to pump without moving the stem? Ugh! I had been using an electric pump but the clamp on it got too worn to grab the stems well enough. I don't really want to buy another $40 pump which seems to still work fine on other vehicles. The first few years I used a hand pump and didn't bust the stems but now I am. Rats!

Otherwise I've been having better luck with the tires. I weigh 180 suited up and have been pumping to 95-100psi and haven't damaged a tire in years.

The valves are what's going now. Ugh.

--Jeff Potter
OutYourBackdoor.com
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JeffOYB Posted - Oct 23 2012 : 10:01:57 AM
Ah ha, tricky! Thanks, Randy. I'll give em a call. -- JP

--Jeff Potter
OutYourBackdoor.com
rbladel Posted - Sep 27 2012 : 9:58:05 PM
Do you have the little metal plates that hold the valve stem against the wheel? they attach at the adjacent bolt. I have had no problems since I got them. Call Jenex if you don't.

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000