Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 General Forum
 Potto Raid Sunday 1/22 10am...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JeffOYB Posted - Jan 21 2012 : 9:35:12 PM
The Potto Raid is *on*. 10am Sunday. Park at far right end of upper Silver Lake parking lot, to be near fire-ring at finish. Potluck. 17 miles of extreme challenge. Padding recommended. Ha...as if anyone reading this could be influenced. Well, the apres-party is easy enough! Wait by the fire and see how they slide in come 1pm...

--Jeff Potter
OutYourBackdoor.com
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JeffOYB Posted - Jan 27 2012 : 11:13:49 PM
Hi Mike... Yep, we did the Raid! We scratched our skis, too. But we were able to get nice glide the whole time and had a nice time. Such a scenic and challenging trail! It stayed cold. We had a dandy time. 17 miles / 3 hrs. As usual, our pace built up over the miles. We keep it steady for 2/3's so nobody is wobbly for the technical downhills. We even regroup a couple times. The first regroup is for most everyone and the second is by whatever clusters are near each other. It's more fun not to ski on your own the whole time. Here's a link to photos and more info: http://outyourbackdoor.com/article.php?id=1840. I actually took some pics along the way this time. Last year we had 23 skiers, this year only 8 -- the more hardcore. I didn't crash on any downhills -- a very nice thing. Others weren't so lucky but no injuries. One broken ski at halfway point but it held together despite hinging under the guy's heel. Nice parking lot party afterward. Lots of prizes and microbrew sixers! This race always has a great prize to entry fee ratio! :) Stinchfield Loppet is the next event, in Feb. -- more of a picnic tour, 2 hrs. --Big hills that hold snow well but far less technical. Gorgeous terrain. Dates of remaining BC events posted here somewhere.

--Jeff Potter
OutYourBackdoor.com
mmuha Posted - Jan 26 2012 : 7:51:08 PM
Did you do the Potto Raid? There wasn't THAT much snow...

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000