Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 General Forum
 Potto Raid, Sun, Jan 16! Looks good!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JeffOYB Posted - Jan 13 2012 : 08:23:44 AM
10am Silver Lake parking lot. See MMBA.org "Outdoor Lifestyle" forum for further details.

It's the 7th Annual. 17 miles of big hills and expert skills. Great scenery. One of the best courses, trails. 3-4 hrs.

Bonfire, potluck afterward.

No fee, no rules.

So... Yay! We lucked out! Perfect conditions! Instant base. That frozen icy first layer is going to hold the snow and stick to and smooth over all the nasties. ...Now all we need is another couple inches for padding. Today, please!

--Jeff Potter
OutYourBackdoor.com
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JeffOYB Posted - Jan 14 2012 : 10:48:09 PM
PS: We decided to postpone it until next Sunday as the snow was a bit thin on the trail now for normal mortals. The weather word is for more snow in the next week, hopefully making the Potto plenty cushy.

We're heading to Yankee Springs in the a.m. instead, where they have 12" fresh, we hear. We'll probably ski most of the day, lotsa miles, toss a picnic in the middle and at the end. Hopefully folks have skied there a bit in the last couple days to get a track going.

It's nice not being tied to a particular trail or place. If you're just trail skiing you can go wherever there's snow in the vicinity. Even a lot of people can. Heck, we could even make it a "raid" over there. With no fees and no groomers, no big plans, an event can be easily postponed or moved, optimizing ski fun. Of course "real events" have benefits, too!

Anyway, that's the news on the Adventure Ski front.

--Jeff Potter
OutYourBackdoor.com

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000