Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Michigan Cup Forum
 switching skis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bob Posted - Mar 03 2010 : 4:59:01 PM
Would anybody like to switch skis during the black mt. race? I think at the road crossing both times! Oh yah does anyone have 22 wax techs. they could loan michigan cup maybe the team from Norway!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mmuha Posted - Mar 11 2010 : 5:07:28 PM
Boyne races: I'm planning on stashing some water skis halfway around the trail...
melzar coulter Posted - Mar 04 2010 : 5:23:19 PM
I'm planning on keeping the ski bones on my transition skis for climbing just like the french do (at least Jean Marc Gaillard).
mac Posted - Mar 04 2010 : 1:00:22 PM
All those ski changes take time. If you just start out with your metal edged waxless skis you can save 20-30 seconds. That's what I'm doing.

go fast, take chances
mmuha Posted - Mar 04 2010 : 11:58:47 AM
FIS rules:

quote:
In all competitions poles may be changed. A single ski or a pair of skis may be changed only if:

1. The skis or bindings are broken or damaged. The equipment failure must be proven to the Jury after the competition.

2. Equipment exchange boxes are in place at the competition. In the case of any ski exchange, the competitor must do it outside of the track without help from any other people.

So it doesn't say that the racer organizers have to provide the exchange boxes - we could provide our own! Think I'll make up a couple exchange boxes tonight.

Mike
Dell Todd Posted - Mar 04 2010 : 11:13:11 AM
PS word on the street says one skier has a wax team all set to go using state senators as his wax team so look out.

Go GRNST !
Dell Todd Posted - Mar 04 2010 : 11:10:24 AM
Mike you should start with your crowns, then as you feel slower you can transition to your wide touring boards with the cool round tips, then as things soften a little in the (afternoon) sunshine you should go to your backcountry boards with metal edges.

Use purple glide wax if you are out of paraffin candle wax.

Thankmelater,
dt

Go GRNST !
mmuha Posted - Mar 04 2010 : 09:36:56 AM
I'm bringing a set for each road crossing, starting with a colder set and working up to warmer skis...

If they do in the Olympics, it works for me!

Mike

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-14 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000